12 March 2007

Our government at work....

Dragging myself out of bed this morning was no easy feat... I blame Congress and their bright idea to move daylight savings up 3 weeks. I was doing so well in the mornings last week, as it was light out when I have to wake up. Today, it was pitch black. Even Maddie commented on it, asking me why we were leaving in the middle of the night.

We had a very uneventful weekend.... Saturday we went to a kindergarten assessment for Maddie. She got to play and meet the teachers, and their purpose was apparently to assess the incoming group of kids to structure their plans for the fall. The rest of the weekend was mainly errands and catching up on some lingering issues. Our weather was nice - it's finally getting warmer, and the kids played outside for awhile yesterday. Mike was able to get up on the roof and inspect the damage from the tree that fell on it during our ice storm a few weeks ago. The good news is that it only took off a couple of shingles, so he repaired it himself. Yesterday we celebrated Mike's birthday since we'll be busy this week on the actual day. Looking forward to my girls' night on Wednesday...

Oh, a quick FYI - we are in the process of eliminating our home phone. I'm having the number ported to my cell phone. So right now, the home phone # does not work. In a couple of days it will be back on, but will ring to my cell phone, at which time my cell number will be no more!

Now all of you who are wanting regular updates on our news see why I'm not always the best at emailing - we are boring! But no news is good news, and I like it that way.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Boring is good. Our weekend was crazy. Friday we went to some friends's house and stayed way too late. Then we had Chara's dance class on Saturday morning... um 9am! Then it was off to do some shopping and cleaning for the coed wedding shower we hosted. I am tired and long for some boredom. Wow... Maddie is ready for school already? And I have never met her? There is something seriously wrong with that.