08 March 2007

Boring is good...

Well here I am, as promised, updating any of you who are interested with our news. Sadly, I do not have much to say. We have been busy with plain old life this week. Some of the highlights of our week include Maddie's cheerleading class tonight where I got to listen to all the crazy mothers criticize their daughters cartwheels, etc (mind you, these are 4 year olds - whatever happened to just having fun?), watching The Office later (if it's not a repeat), and exciting plans to go to the fish fry at church tomorrow night. As you can see, we lead very exciting lives around here! The title of my post rings true - boring is good. This week at work has been very crazy. Unfortunately, I had to fire someone on Monday. This is the least fun part of my job. Anyway, the resulting mess that has had to be cleaned up has taken up most of my time this week. So the routine of my evenings is much welcomed! The good news about the situation at work is that it will give me a chance to re-structure my team a little bit! The bad news is that I have someone getting ready to go on maternity leave next month, so my work life will likely remain very hectic through August.... Beyond all that, we are looking forward to celebrating Mike's birthday next week (Maddie more than anyone - she measures the year in who's birthday comes next), and looking forward to a nice, calm, relaxing weekend. Signing off from Chez Haynes for now - Jeopardy calls!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Cheerleading, huh? Chara is in gymnastics and tap and ballet. It gets crazy. Happy Birthday to Mike a bit early and sorry your week was so messed up. Hope you have a super calm and relaxing weekend.