05 March 2007

Getting on the Technology Wave.....

I made a big decision today - to join the Internet revolution (a bit late, admittedly) and use some technology to keep all of you (good friends and family) updated on our family happenings, as well as whatever I might feel like putting on here. I'm new to the blogging world, but it seems to me that this will be a handy tool for letting everyone check out our news when it is convenient for you! Plus, I am a habitual slacker at regular emailing (as many of you already know), so I figure this will get me at least partially off the hook for not doing a good job of keeping you all updated with news of the kids, etc....

So! Our recent news - we just got back from a short trip to Texas last week where we visited my Mom and Dad. Maddie was very excited to ride on the airplane, and both kids were good on the entire trip. Caleb didn't do much screaming on the plane, so that was good. The weather was hot (in the 90's - very nice), and we were able to go to the beach and/or pool every day. Mike and I went to Mexico twice, once with my mom to shop and once with my dad to see his work. I've never been to that part of the country before, so really enjoyed seeing how different it is as well as seeing where Mom and Dad live. We had a great time - looking forward to heading back for a week at South Padre Island this fall.

Beyond that, not much is going on in the Haynes household lately. We registered Maddie for kindergarten recently, she'll be going to our church school. She's already very excited about it, as am I since they have a great full-day kindergarten program. Caleb is starting to talk more, and his personality is really developing. He's a funny little guy - more laid back than Maddie is, but still very stubborn and headstrong. We have our hands full with the two of them.

That's about it for today. I will plan to update this thing regularly with our news and views and whatever else I feel like sharing.

No comments: