17 October 2007

News....

Since our last update we have been plugging along as normal. In September we went to South Padre Island for a week with my family, which was great! We really needed the vacation and the kids were excellent; we all had a great time. Maddie is enjoying kindergarten, although she informed me the other day that she did prefer it when she was able to play all day instead of having to pay attention and learn things. I told her she better get used to it - she has a lot of years of learning left! Both the kids are looking forward to Halloween. Maddie's going to be a cheerleader, and Caleb will be a spider. We hung up our Halloween ghost decorations over the weekend and went and got pumpkins at the pumpkin farm. Caleb is talking more and more and is completely day-time potty trained. We are on the home stretch of having no more diapers to deal with! Caleb has also decided to change his name - he prefers to be called Cobby. If you call him Caleb he will correct you. Mike and I are doing well.... Many of you have heard that I undertook an agressive weight-loss program this spring (no surgery involved), and people have been asking how that's going, so I have decided to give post the info! I recently wrapped up the intensive phase of it, and am now on a much more normal diet. I have lost 57 lbs to date. Although I have quite a few more to go, I already feel like a new person. I would like to lose 13 more by Christmas, which I think is pretty achievable. I will continue to set small goals until I reach the eventual far-off one! Mike has also lost some weight, so we are both pretty happy with our results. That's it for now, I will try to do better at updating more regularly. (I say that every time I post, don't I?)

No comments: